mickyd

pantadons....

hey all

i have recently added 4 pantadons to my collection. but i have noticed over the last couple of days 2 of them have started bumping into each other,locking jaws,blowing bubbles and a few other things. not much on the net about them so im not sure if they are displaying there dominance to each other or its some kind of wierd breeding ritual...any help on this matter would be great

cheers mickyd

I just found this off badmanstropicalfish.com :D

They have been bred in the home Aquaria. Lowering the water to only a couple of inches in depth for a few weeks and then refilling the tank with fresh soft acidic water and raising the temperature can stimulate spawning. Spawning is preceded by the male chasing the female and actually raising himself on top of her.

The eggs when laid are clear and after about ten hours turn very dark and float to the surface. The butterfly fish spawn over many days so the eggs should be removed with a spoon to a separate tank with identical water conditions. They hatch in about two days and the young are difficult to raise excepting only the smallest of live food.

I have been conditioning them on blood worm, live crickets and pellets ....but i might see if i can get a hold of some but im planning on building a custom tank to try and breed them in ..but they are amazing lil things i can give them a pat on the head and hand feed them.