a.andrew

Racks/Shelves for Aquariums

Hi All,

Have recently purchased some Fancy Guppies and they have dropped some fry and needing to get more tanks for separate them within the next couple of weeks.

Wanting to get a shelf system happening with 1 2/2.5/3 foot tank divided in two for male and female Guppy's on a shelf and below have the breeding tanks and fry raising tanks. Will need to get some 20-30L tanks for breeding and possibly another 2/2.5/3 foot tank for fry raising. The tanks will not be linked together by plumbing, they will be be run with BioSponge filters and heaters and LED lighting Strips.

My main question is what rack/shelf system I should be looking at. Have seen some at Bunnings/Officeworks which claim to hold 150kg and 350kg. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the below. This Setup will be placed in the house and will be in prime viewing, so looking for something that will not look too commercial.

Hammerfast Heavy Duty Shelving System 5 Shelf Silver/Black at $109.49 in Shelving

5 Shelf Boltless Storage Unit - Bunnings Warehouse

Thanks in Advance!

Just had a look at them online.. from Bunnings right? Sucks I can't view the whole range online... will need to drop in. Thanks!

Rack it systems are awesome, I have it as my rack 3x2 shelves holds 750kg a shelf best part is you buy the pieces you want/need

I definitely would not use chip board!! Don't want a mess on the floor!!

Bunnings is where I got mine, you can buy different height sides, different length beams but thu are all 2ft deep.. Just use ply instead of the chip board they try to sell you

What shelving/rack system do you use webmaster?

Personally i wouldn't trust the cheaper ones you can get from bunnings.. I did this years ago and it didn't work out well.

i went this way so i could pull down the rack and save space through winter, it wasnt cheap! i think the whole thing was around $180? only thing i can recomend is to place some timber under the feet as they are a little thin to place the massive weight, and screw them down just in case