a.andrew

Help! Guppy Swimming Strangely

Hi All,

Purchased a Trio of Fancy Guppies, and after this on dropped some fry she began acting like this.. Please View Link

Is it Swim Bladder Disease?

Water Parameters:

Ph 7.0

Nitrite 0

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 10ppm

Daily Water changes as I have fry in the tank also.. This guppy is inside a breeder box... It has been isolated into its own tank not sure what this disease is.. please help!!

Thanks,

Edited by a.andrew

Looks ok to me....just needs more space

females tend to hide in plants when they drop fry....no where to hide makes them skittish

Add a piece of java fern

Add some bi carb soda.....guppies do best in hard alkaline water....high conductivity

pinch of salt wont hurt either

Regardless of me "smashing" (more like tapping) my finger on it or not it was swimming towards the bottom everytime anyone walked up to it, it only happened after it gave birth to fry... I placed gravel on the bottom and seems to have corrected this problem, however its tail still floats up and nose down occasionally. I have 3 other females guppies in the breeder boxes and are not doing what this one is..

Just looks like it is stressed from being in the breeder box to me, see it smashing into the sides trying to swim away...And smacking the glass with your finger wont help it

It is definitely skittish, it has settled down with gravel on the bottom now. I isolated this one since it was actually lodging itself in between the java fern and hair grass, and did not move. I would tuck itself away upside down, nose up, nose down, you name it, it did it. Was also swimming around upside down =/ strange fish.

I have adjusted the ph to around 6.8 and adding aquarium salt into water changes.

Looks ok to me....just needs more space

females tend to hide in plants when they drop fry....no where to hide makes them skittish

Add a piece of java fern

Add some bi carb soda.....guppies do best in hard alkaline water....high conductivity

pinch of salt wont hurt either

hey andrew, you should put a bowl over your head and get somebody to smash it with a hammer, that might give you a bit of an idea on how the guppy felt, even with a tap, thats why most fish shops put signs up, "do not tap my home" it hurts them,

as for the guppy, its just stressed, even though your others aren't, its just like any animal, put 10 dogs in a yard and see what happens when there is thunder, some will run, some will hide, some won't do anything, i'm not scared of storms, but i know somebody who hides under her bed, :)

strange fish
lol, yep that about sums it up, still a nice looking guppy,

The gravel seems to have helped it so it's all good in the "bowl" for now =D

Just need to get them breeding now... in your opinion, is the guppys form slightly arched? and not straight?

hey andrew, you should put a bowl over your head and get somebody to smash it with a hammer, that might give you a bit of an idea on how the guppy felt, even with a tap, thats why most fish shops put signs up, "do not tap my home" it hurts them,

as for the guppy, its just stressed, even though your others aren't, its just like any animal, put 10 dogs in a yard and see what happens when there is thunder, some will run, some will hide, some won't do anything, i'm not scared of storms, but i know somebody who hides under her bed, :)

lol, yep that about sums it up, still a nice looking guppy,