Daharkazangel

Are broken jaws common in yanks?

My oscars are AT LAST getting along ( whitch is good as ive still not found another tank) but i think my albino oscar has broken or maybe dislocated my newest tiger oscars jaw. I was going to house these two together when i get another tank.. They have locked jaws but i didnt think much of it, and in the last week the albino has finally been excepted and not hiding. I only just noticed today the jaw is off centre and it def was not like that last time i checked. Is this common and should i be worried? Ive not seen any more jaw locking, so assume a pecking order has been established. Will the jaw just heal? Hes eating normally.

Edited by Daharkazangel
spl

Do you know how long it's been like that? It will probably stretch its jaws (you'll see it 'yawning') and pop it back into place by itself, but if it's been out for a while, well...that's a problem...probably not serious though, may just look weird.

Edited by goneself

Do you know how long it's been like that? It will probably stretch its jaws and pop it back into place by itself, but if it's been out for a while, well...that's a problem.

Two days the most mate. Ill try and take some pics. Its not like omfg crazy ouch, just off a little. Ill get pics ;)