samo

Is it just me?

I've just noticed lately that the forum and the hobby seems to by slowing down/dying. People are shutting down, down sizing and getting out all together. For sale threads seem to be up forever without much interest and just not a lot seems to be happening. Even shops are having trouble moving fish.

I'm not sure whether it's just down here on the Goldie or its everywhere but it just feels like the hobby is dying.

Is it just me?

I've just noticed lately that the forum and the hobby seems to by slowing down/dying. People are shutting down, down sizing and getting out all together. For sale threads seem to be up forever without much interest and just not a lot seems to be happening. Even shops are having trouble moving fish.

I'm not sure whether it's just down here on the Goldie or its everywhere but it just feels like the hobby is dying.

Is it just me?

I've noticed the only things getting snapped up quick are Africans! Especially tangs, they sem to be selling within the day. Must be this seasons craze?

Yeah Africans seem to be going like hot cakes at the moment. However there just not what I'm

Into. I'm hoping by breeding apistos and the like I can sorta generate more interest in these amazing little fish. I should be picking up my new pair on Tuesday and if I can get them into shops at a reasonable price I'll be stoked :)

Yeah Africans seem to be going like hot cakes at the moment. However there just not what I'm

Into. I'm hoping by breeding apistos and the like I can sorta generate more interest in these amazing little fish. I should be picking up my new pair on Tuesday and if I can get them into shops at a reasonable price I'll be stoked :)

Apistos are pretty cool, but if your looking to make $$$ by selling to shops I know Forsure there won't be much cash in it. Cacatoudoies fully grown are purchased $6-$10 from a wholesaler so shops will bater.

I think it is growing. Whilst some shops may be finding things a little harder some are flourishing and also you have to look at the hobby in general. There are more forums available and Facebook my gosh it just seems to be exploding with Fish Pages - they are everywhere. There are a lot more breeders out there too. The hobby is healthy and growing but there is also a lot more competition out there which has its good side and also the dark side.

I think the hobby is very healthy and growing a lot bigger than what people think and covering more area's but if you have the passion Samo it is a great one to be a part of and is one of the main reasons to go into it. If you would like to make a lot of money then you will be disappointed and your system will join a lot of others that travel down this road to only find out that it is not just putting two fish together and thinking your going make lots of moula.

Passion keeps people going and the hobby thriving not the money....