Daharkazangel

Help, moving LARGE fish

Whats the best way to move LARGE fish LONG distance. Ive moved 3hrs south with small fish using a esky no worries. Am concerned moving 30cm fish up to 7hrs north and possibly on hold overnight (if work pays to help ship definate overnight holding).

Any tips if I do it myself and do large fish travel well? Only had small fish up until this point, now I have 2yr old oscars :/

Line a styro box with a bag get a sponge filter cycled ready to go and portable air pump.

Don't feed for 3 days before travelling.

I reckon that would do the trick. Oh put water in the box and lid on top.

But leave the box on roof of the car cause that would end badly.

=)

6-7 hours shouldnt be a problem big esky and strong bin linners dont feed them for a day or two b4 hand and they will be fine Iv moved 50cm giant gourami's this way 6 hours in the boot of my car with no isues I added stress coat aswell hope that helps :)

Im def going now :D As far as im aware my fish are being packed for me, or at least the oscars and peps :). Have eight weeks to prepare pack and move. Much better then the one week they gave me when I moved here!

Thanks for the offer mines bigger, but think ill be right thanks :) Keep a eye out for rentals under $800pw but ;)

Jaypee is on the money - styrofoam boxes. Aerator - don't feed for a couple of days before. Stress coast is a good idea. - Take some prime - this may be a good additive if you have them in for a couple of days to reduce nasty bad bits that will build in the water. Don't let temperature vary too much - eg don't park the car in the sun and go off and have lunch. Don't leave them sit in the car overnight - I have snuck them into my motel before today. I had a mate carted his large frontosa colony on a 3 day trip out west and they survived and are thriving. Tjhere are never guarantees Peter