grubby

Bristle Nose Baby problem, suggestions please.

Hi my Bristlenose trio has bred in my 120 Litre New Guinea Rainbow tank, they were in there first and foremost as a cleanup crew and not to breed. Turns out they have, babies are now about 2 cm long and I want to get them out of the tank and move them to a growing out tank, while I decide what to do with them. Here is my problem.

It took me ages to scape this tank to where I like it as it currently is. Is there anyway to make a trap for the baby BN's so that I can remove them from the tank without disturbing the aquascaping ?

I use a small hose and siphon out fry with that. The other way might be to put lots of zucchini around the tank and suck them up when they feed on the zucchini. They also like to get into internal filters but have also find they will get caught in a snail trap too but only a couple at a time and might be a bit tedious.

Only a suggestion, but you try cutting the top off a soft drink bottle, inverting it, and putting it back into the bottle to create a funnel like half a yabby trap. Sand of the sharp edges, weigh it down with a stone and place a few alage wafers in as bait, then see what happens by morning. I'm pretty sure you can also by specially designed traps from some LFS's i know we can get them in Toowoomba.