mq_camo

Tankmates for mangrove jack??

I'm looking to upgrade my tank and would like to know if anyone has successfully kept tank mates with their jack. My jack is currently 20cm andd I'd like to get a motoro or 2. I'm trying to decide on a 3foot wide tank or going for a 2 foot wide tank. This is the second jack I have owned and i know they are territorial and aggressive. Any experiences or info would be great.

Never tried a jack with a ray as I don't have that high a disposable income, lol

Rays appreciate wider floor space... not to mention more floor space gives more running away room for who ever needs it...

I am deciding on a 3foot wide or 2 foot wide tank and comparability will be a determining factor, cheers

So your thinking 2 foot wide for a potential meter+ fish....Sounds legit

For the next 8 months while we build our house yep that's the exact plan. Seems pretty damm legit to me. Enlighten us syndicate what would you do?? You are always quick to respond but your responses are never helpful

I've got two 25cm USB salmon tail cats that are getting to big for my tank that would be good tank mates

I'm not a catfish guru but I'm pretty sure upside down catfish (synodontis) are different to salmon tail cats. Cheers for the offer. I'd prefer something carnivorous.

I'm looking to upgrade my tank and would like to know if anyone has successfully kept tank mates with their jack. My jack is currently 20cm andd I'd like to get a motoro or 2. I'm trying to decide on a 3foot wide tank or going for a 2 foot wide tank. This is the second jack I have owned and i know they are territorial and aggressive. Any experiences or info would be great.

Hi I've kept a mangrove jack with a ray before, no issues. provided both are of compatible sizes. A 3ft width would be better for a ray in the long term.

I have a 45cm jack and really wanted something else in there 6x2x2. so on the weekend i put a 50cm placo in there thinking its going to be okay. (WRONG) they were good for a day woke up this morning and the poor placo was dead. It was my own stuped mistake and i feel like a dhead for wasting a very nice placo.

A very short list.

Banded puffer

Bullrout

Rays are an interesting idea will they live in the water parameters required to keep a Jack healthy long term ?

Despite the short term success you which you see claimed as a working community with a Jack it is not possible.

As for keeping them together fine if you have 25 000 litres AND appropriate structure.

"Jack Lives Here" ALONE

I have kept 2 x 30cm Barra with a jack before in a 7x2.5x2 ft tank. Had large scats & monos with them also, but they were always edgy & would have marks occasionly where they had been hit. My kids loved it when I would throw gold fish in occasionaly.