greenterra

New Addition. Mangrove Jack.

Took these this arvy. It has only been in there for the last 24hrs but has colored up pretty well so far. I can't wait to get some more shots once it is fully settled. Measured it @ 19" TL so it has a little size to it already. I am so glad I picked it up as it stands out so well in my black tank and is a lot more active.:-)

ps..Thanks Luke;)

IMG_0190_xgaplus.jpg

IMG_0166_xgaplus.jpg

IMG_0186_xgaplus.jpg

Wow how beautiful....I've only seen one person with a jack and it was more red. Yours seems light peachy colored or is that the lighting. Either way it's just gorgeous :)
He has red to him but more orange at present. It does change pretty quick depending on his mood. You can see in the pics below how much white he is showing in his lower half and these were taken in the same day with a few hours in between.
Sweet pics mate. Yet again.

Not heading up this way any time soon. ??

=)

Might have to organize a night soon. My son is on his L's so I could probably give him some extra time behind the wheel at the same time. Will let you know soon.
Awesome, my fav fish. 19 inches is pretty solid. How much do you feed each day? A full tank shot would be awesome.
I only just got him so it's a bit hard to answer that.
Brent, can you please, please, please get a shot of it smashing a whole prawn or pilchard. Then let me know how much you want for a reproduction of it.
Haha...I will try.

A few more of this photogenic fish. These were taken quite a few hours after the first ones I posted. It is unreal how much they can change their colours in such a short time. The white under belly seemed to be straight after getting excited over some fillets.

IMG_0258_xgaplus.jpg

IMG_0226_xgaplus.jpg

IMG_0288_xgaplus.jpg

No worries mate glad your happy and he looks very happy too. nice pics

Took these this arvy. It has only been in there for the last 24hrs but has colored up pretty well so far. I can't wait to get some more shots once it is fully settled. Measured it @ 19" TL so it has a little size to it already. I am so glad I picked it up as it stands out so well in my black tank and is a lot more active.:-)

ps..Thanks Luke;)

IMG_0190_xgaplus.jpg

IMG_0166_xgaplus.jpg

IMG_0186_xgaplus.jpg

Your a great advocate on how to properly keep these larger fish species greeny.

All your fish are quality (we've all seen the stunning photos of your americans), and they're all kept in the correct environment with the space they deserve.

Good stuff mate its a credit to you.

Edited by kasman

this has made my decition final, im getting a mangrove jack for my 6x2x2 when i get it soon. is he by himself? im thinking of having acher fish, or is he better by himself? FULL TANK SHOT PLEASEEEE!!!!!ZZZZZZ
I still have the Murray Cod in there at present until he gets picked up shortly. The tank size makes it impossible to catch him without draining most of it. So far the Jack has not seemed bothered with him (touch wood) but I wouldn't expect that to last too long. Once the cod is gone, the jack will be solo though.
Looks great. Would love some pics of my natives, exotic, tropical and shrimp :)

What do you charge?

I usually charge $200 (within Brissy) for a photo session if you want all rights to the images but if you have fish that are not already covered on my website (See the "Aquatic Galleries" link in my sig), I may do the shoot for free as per the details in this thread.;)http://www.qldaf.com/forums/photography-video-lounge-23/looking-some-more-subjects-shoot-53989/
Your a great advocate on how to properly keep these larger fish species greeny.

All your fish are quality (we've all seen the stunning photos of your americans), and they're all kept in the correct environment with the space they deserve.

Good stuff mate its a credit to you.

Appreciate the kind words mate. Thanks.;) Edited by greenterra

Can we see some photos of the Murray cod before he goes to a new home Brent? How big is he/she now?
Yeah Keegan, I have seen those ones mate, but I'm after updated pics as those pics on here and his website are 4 months old.

Unfortunately it wont happen. The cod is still in there at present but no hope of showing itself enough for a photo op now. He always stayed covered under protection in the tank and now more so than ever with the Jack in there. It's part of the reason I have gone with a Jack instead. The Jack is just so much more active and free swimming.