sjn5188

Canister Filter recomendations.

Hi I am setting up a new 6x2x2 in my room and I want a canister filter that wont be too loud for me to sleep next too. I will be stocking the tank with L's and cories plus i will have a small 800l hr external canister running in the tank aswell.

I just wanting to hear from people own experience with higher volume external canisters and the noise volume and what would you recomend.

Id go an AQUA ONE NAUTILUS 2700

my aquaone is quiet as. I have to touch the top to feel a vibration to make sure its working.

Most canister these days are quiet though.

I have some old school Otto 450's that make a little noise form time to time but even those are pretty good.

i have used a lot of cannisters over the years and now all i will use is eheim. i have a couple of classics and a couple of professional cannister on my 6 foot tanks and they work a treat and they are near silent. the cost is a little higher but you get what you pay for.

So much love for Eheim!

I remember a year ago if you asked anything.. The answer would be fx5 :) haha what happened? Other than all the people that bought eheims are cleaning them for the first time:)

I saw an Eheim classic on eBay a while ago that was still going strong and it was 15 years old:)

Hi I am setting up a new 6x2x2 in my room and I want a canister filter that wont be too loud for me to sleep next too. I will be stocking the tank with L's and cories plus i will have a small 800l hr external canister running in the tank aswell.

I just wanting to hear from people own experience with higher volume external canisters and the noise volume and what would you recomend.

why not you sump it...... doesnt have to be complicated to work well

mike

Hey mate, i have the same situation as you. i purchased the 2000lph with UV sterilizer off guppies aquariums about 4months ago and am super happy. 99.00 +postage and it is awesome, the filter is actually next to my bed/head and only hums very lightly. the aquaone 100lph bubbler is much much louder, this is on a 4x1.5x1.5.. unless you are a 'princess and the pea' type sleeper i really couldn't see it causing any distress... dont waste the money on an eheim.. you can get another filter if it breaks, has warranty and they ship within a day.. save your money for booze, cigarettes and cheap ladies of the night...

Edited by geo
im awesome

The lower end of the market canisters are usually a much higher wattage that the top end ones(of equal lph). Just something to be aware of. But agree with geo, u dont have to spend top dollar for a good cannister.

Edited by kasman

Cheap filter brands are all well and good while they last. And the better ones might give ya 3 years problem free service if your lucky. The problems start when you break one part on them....... a small bit of plastic, or a tap or an o-ring AND then you discover there is no spare parts available!

If you can stand to throw your cannister in the bin, if it stubs its toe....... then go a less well known brand.

otherwise go with one of the big names.

I shall be wearing my Eheim shirt tomorrow with pride by the way.

Love selling their cannisters, because people who buy them are happy with them.

And a happy customer, is a repeat customer.

The Germans make good fish gear.