Alasse

New (used) tanks

These got delivered today....love em

Snapped a quick pic of it

3tiered4ft7thSept2012.jpg

The ends will have false sides put into the stand (so i can pull off and access if needed) to keep it looking tidy. The stand also has a single 4ft light above each tank which is a bonus. They cut all new lids for it too, unexpected but nice of them indeed

Gotta get around to painting the back and sides of the tanks and it'll be ready to rock'n'roll

(they have 2 more similar i would have loved to get, but my hubby put paid to me getting the others *L* )

The top tank will be for my peppermint colony and cherry shrimp...

Middle tank will house my angel pair with clown loaches and a few other community fish

The bottom tank i havent fully decided what will go in there as yet (eith Common BN or Ram pairs)

I am debating painting it all black, but yeah dont mind the varnished pine look too much to be bothered doing it at this stage

An update: After moving a 4ft light over from a different 4ft tank onto one of the tier tanks & i've just found out the tanks arent 4ft (see what assuming can do!).....they are actually 4.5ft....they are 237L tank...wow, thats a suprise!

Tanks have all had the back and sides painted.....

Now i have seen these tanks setup and with fish. My other half on the other hand is nervous, there is a lot of weight, water etc, being held by that stand. I am no engineer so i dunno if it is sufficient of if i should get another made from thicker wood....thoughts?

should be fine, mine was made from 35x70 pine but was designed a touch different from yours and i think it was an over kill, seeing all the stands you buy from shops that hold 6x2x2s with the same thickness as whats on your stand there,

I went abit over the top for my 8x2x2 stand, it would be near indestructible just for my peice of mind that i wouldnt be nervous about 800Ls plus the 2 24x24x18 tanks underneath flooding the house,

make sure your happy with it so you wont be nervous everytime someone walks past it and with a display like that im guessing your going to be showing every guest that comes over :)