Jay95

Does anyone have a photo of O/S BN fry?

This may sound strange but my wife just looked in my sump and noticed quite a few fry swimming around, they can be either common BN or OS bn however as I have never breed O/S before I am not sure if they are O/S)

I can not take a photo as you would not be able to see them anyway so I am hoping someone out there has a photo of a batch of young O/S bn floating around.

I can best describe them as looking like commons but have a white strip in their tale, sorry but thats the best I can do.

Can any one help.

they are commons,

i asked the same question and was told to look at planet catfish,

i have since found 3 of my os fry and yep, the rest are in my sump, (i hope) they had tiny spots like peps, so if yours have the bigger blotches/spots then they are commons,

i knew 100% that mine bred, but most the fry got through a hole in my strainer and ended up in the sump,

Yep same problem they got through the strainers on my tanks as well, only I wasn't home to see which one of them breed as I am working away in Gladstone, I guess I'll have to fish them out and grow them out to see what they are, bugger because I am impatient and was really hoping the O/S breed not the commons.

If anyone does have a photo though it would be good to see, I have tried looking up planet catfish/google/searched forums and have found nothing.