webmaster

Introducing New Moderators and Admin

Hello everyone!

It's with great excitement that I announce some changes and additions to our QLDAF team.

First up I'd like to announce that gingerbeer has stepped up into the role of Admin to help me head up a great new team of Moderators.

And it’s also with great excitement that I announce we have some new moderators stepping up and helping us out. I’d like to welcome steveandjules, Matmatmat, goldenswimmers and raycam01_au joining the existing team of liljohn_83 and Daydream.

I am very excited to work with all these guys and am confident that this great team will ensure QLDAF remains one of, if not, the best forum around. :)

If you have any questions, concerns, ideas or suggestions feel free to contact one of them, I’m sure they will be happy to help.

Ray how you have risen through the ranks !!!!!!

Your long held dream must now be within reach.

I for one will always remember you as a sweet teenage girl flirting with all the local high school boys. Please don't let the power change you.

Dave

why do we need so many mods i think there is to many as it is they all come and go....

well brock, good question, first off, since the site has changed hands we have had several mods leave, some due to work, some due to wanting time with family, some due to personal reasons, we also have a couple SM who haven't been online for ages, so that taken into context, we have about 8 to 10 less mods and admin then we had 2 months ago,

also being that the forum is open 24 hours a day and some of us do have lives and familys away from qldaf we have moved up some SM and this will relieve some of the work load from daydream and liljohn, and free up more time for gingerbeer to oversea us all, russ personally isn't having anything to do with the day to day running of the forum, and webmaster is working changing the forums looks and getting ready for a big upgrade,

so in effect since russ bought the forum we have less mods then before, its just that we have shuffled the remaining mods around to cover different sections,

Agreed cuts a lot of mistake posts and misinformation being posted, also if it wasn't for the mods I would I have dealt with someone who was surely going to rip me off, and for that I thank them for their time as their efforts prevented my home from being broken into. ( well at least attempted) they wouldn't of got far lol

Ray how you have risen through the ranks !!!!!!

Your long held dream must now be within reach.

I for one will always remember you as a sweet teenage girl flirting with all the local high school boys. Please don't let the power change you.

Dave

omg i even grew a moustache, n kissed on the first date,

as per normal i will still be the usual serious type i always have been, although the challenge is to try to enjoy myself more :) and relax

why do we need so many mods i think there is to many as it is they all come and go....

I would like to say a few words to this, and I am sure others wonder the same thing.

Firstly, a number of personel have chosen to step down as Steve noted. Their experience will of course be missed for everything they brought and gave in their rolls. I would like to add to Webby's thanks for there efforts and everything they have given to both myself personally and indeed all members in time, knowledge and friendship. Due to there leaving a number of people have stepped up and accepted more responsability.

Secondly, it needs to be remembered that every moderator as always here is primarily a hobbyist who has volunteered there time to help people on this board. We want to ensure that everyones time on this board is enjoyable including our own. Occasionally we do have the responsability to deal with the messier sides of having a community, and that bit is not as much fun, to be honest. Sharing that load does make it easier for us as mods. Certainly I don't want the wrong message to get out here. The majority of the time as mods we get to assist people in there experience of the forum and it is a priviledge.

Thirdly it is the hope and aim that the diverse group of mods, represent the diverse group of members on this forum. Please let them know your thoughts, so they can raise your thoughts within the moderation group for discussion.

Finally we are in a very good position moving forward as a forum. We have some enthusiastic folks stepping into rolls, we have a webmaster - who is intent on bringing new features. We are also keen to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Enjoy the forum........