greenterra

Video Mangrove Jack and tank.

Good stuff Brent! He really susses things out before he goes for it doesn't he. Are you running full fresh? Or are you adding salt?
Yeah, it sort of reminds me of a shark zeroing in on its prey. It had already fed before I decided to film it so it wasn't as eager 2nd time round plus it is still a little wary of me still from the move. It is settling in and coming out of its shell real fast though. As for salt, I am running at 3cups per 100 gallons at present. I will increase that but I want to do it steadily so I don't upset the bio.
Did you have to ged rid of the americans to put the jack in this tank? Or have you just moved them to another home?
I moved the Americans on quite some time ago. Decided I wanted to make use of the tank size and keep a larger species. It was a toss up between a Murray Cod and a Mangrove Jack at the time. I opted for a Murray Cod but have since changed my mind for the Jack. The Jack is much more active and contrasts against my darker style tank much more than the cod.

That was pretty cool, thanks for sharing it with us! It's a smart fish you have there, it was sussing things out by swimming around a bit and watching if anything happens first before it decided to go for the grab.

Maybe next time shoot a vid when dropping in some live feeders? :)