CoreyM.

New To Marine

Hey guys i'm looking at setting up my 4x2x2 into a marine tank, so i was just wondering what kind of filtration, water changes, water levels etc pretty much everything you need to run a marine tank and. i have previously kept american cichlids and just tropical fish

As above.

make up your mind on which marine biotype or species you wish to keep.

After all the equipment needed to recreate their favored conditions will vary accordingly.

What is your wish list?

or do you perhaps have a picture of an aquarium that is similar to what you want to create?

AndyandTrotsky.jpg

I'd go with a coral tank with one or two small fish and that's it, take it slow with maturing your filters and enjoy. After years of freshwater fish keeping I am really enjoying the marine reef keeping side of the hobby, a lot easier on the wallet and less work than freshwater.

My tank is the first marine tank I have owned, and I chose to have an sps and acan dominated tank with no skimmer,dosing pumps, refugium, scrubbers or anything, my sump consists if a heater, an auto top off and a return pump. I think a marine tank is only as hard as you make it.

My tank is the first marine tank I have owned, and I chose to have an sps and acan dominated tank with no skimmer,dosing pumps, refugium, scrubbers or anything, my sump consists if a heater, an auto top off and a return pump. I think a marine tank is only as hard as you make it.

That sounds good kinda makes me wanna do marine! Nice!

All fish tanks are easy if you have patients :)