MatthewW

E/blues or blue peacock?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can tell me which ones these are whether they are Electric blues or just blue peacocks? they are about 6-7cm and i know the pic's aren't the best but the best i can do with my camera :(

Cheers

MatthewW

thanks brad :) i didnt think they were E/Blues either but were sold to me as that when they were small and i had only been in the fish hobby for a couple of months when i got them so i didnt really know much about them at that stage.

Cheers

MatthewW

i'll have to agree ,with brad, a protomelias of some sort or an red empress cross with a peacock. its got the colour flecking of a red empress and semi horizontal line but with the greg colouring of a peacock. just my guess anyway. hth

def not e.blue or peacock. Last time i seen something like that they were sold as "fire blues". Im assuming that would be the protomeleas sp. "fire blue" but cant say for sure.

Sorry cant be any more help matt

Hi Matthew...if these are the same as the ones I got off you theyre a hybrid...according to Beenleigh Aquariums (who took all of them off me for a bag of sand :gurn: because I was buying a 4ft tank setup off him) I think he *disposed* of them :notsure:

Yeah it sucks to get caught out

I have been caught out at the shop when I really didnt look hard enough

Then the next day I look and go damn how didnt I see that yesterday

Oh well more food for my Jack

Chalk it up to experience and hopefully it wont happen again

Brad

hi mate , did they originate from a person down in melbourne, if so ,i got screwed over as well, i brought them as s.c. lithobates and when the biggest coloured up it turned out similiar looking to the fish in the first piccie , so definately not lithobates or blues.