sjn5188

What minerals do you use?

Been reading up about shrimp stones, minerals and balls and was wondering if anyone uses any like. Benibachi red bee balls, bee shrimp mineral gh+ or those shirakura stones. And have you noticed any difference like moulting, parameters (tds, gh, kh etc).

I'm thinking about getting the bee shrimp mineral GH+ because i am on rain water, but i will be using some water from work or anywhere i can get a hold of town water.

i use bee shrimp mix which resulted in very high survival rates!!! the benibachi balls and shirakura mineral rocks i used increaded their colours :) moulting has been very easy for the shrimp. tds is at 120 plus and waters are at ph 6.5, gh 4-6. don't know about kh

i use bee shrimp mix which resulted in very high survival rates!!! the benibachi balls and shirakura mineral rocks i used increaded their colours :) moulting has been very easy for the shrimp. tds is at 120 plus and waters are at ph 6.5, gh 4-6. don't know about kh

well I am converted

although I still want to do a mission to harvest my own clay

please note that the bee shrimp mix is specifically for cardinia while cherry shrimps honestly can live in anything!!! from my personal experience i find that they prefer harder water with higher ph. i find that my cherry shrimps do very well with water straight out of the tap. neutralised of course :) it's the cardinia which are way more sensitive.