Harris.

help with stocking american community tank

So im selling my 3 teir 5ft breeding setup, and getting a 5x2x2 display tank.

Looking at giving geos a try , havent had them before but am interested in what other americans i can mix with them.

Was thinking

Orange head tapajos

Gold saums

Salvini

Firemouth

L number

Dont know how many of each i should stock, or what other geos i should stock.

Filtration will be Eheim Professional 3 - 2180 ThermoFilter

Your ideas and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sean

You can rule out Salvini and I would only put large Geos with any Saum.

BTW... Tapajos are Geos.

The best thing you can put with Geos are other Geos IMO.

In saying that, I also keep Redline Torpedo Barbs with my mixed Geo community as well as L270 and Royal Whiptails.

definitely go tapajos !

Pet city has around 30 or so last time I called.

I will be setting up a geo tank around Christmas ...

They love white sand ! They sift it through their gills and I reckon they stand out brighter in the sand chuck a big black knife in with them

Yeah I reckon you'd have to watch the saums and salvini. Maybe try some of the smaller Americans with them like acaras and maybe jd's. I've found the firemouths to be Aggro little fish but I think the one I had was just an ass hole :)

Go the geos alone. To see their true beauty, they need to be in soft acidic water although they do OK in neutral and even town water, you'll never see them at their best. The others you've mentioned, prefer slightly hard slighltly alkaline conditions, other than the saum which can do well in S american conditions. They'll all tolerate the same conditions but you will never see the true beauty of 'em all.

I would just have the geos ,add some hecklii if you can get hold of some of them they are beeeeeeeautiful when they are big,they sand sift as well,get some Hai Feng Colour Food to bring out the reds and they will look superb!

Good luck ,love geos:)