chipper

Fluval FX5 and UV light

Hi

I was wondering if any FX5 owners on here have added a UV sterilizer to their FX5's?

Does anyone know of a good low wattage UV sterilizer that would go with the FX5?

The reason for wanting a UV is that i have setup a 6x2x2 with 3 large pieces of of driftwood in the tank, tank has just cycled and has been running for about 6 to 8 weeks now.

I have noticed the water is cloudy, sort of like a milky colour from day dot up until now. I have tried Accuclear, The seachem equivalent , carbon and Purigem to no avail.

Because i have fish in the tank(Only small ones) while cycling i was doing a water change every second day but the water is still the same, i have heard its more than likely the driftwood leaching but could be something else. It was suggested that a UV sterilizer will clear up any bacteria issues

Any thoughts?

I have a 36W UV running directly after my FX5 on my display tank

For me it cleaned up any issues with algae and also fish have not had any problems since installing it.

The only downside is that my fish now most likely don't have a very good immune system so i would not feel comfortable selling them "not that i ever would, i love my fish"

I have a 36W UV running directly after my FX5 on my display tank

For me it cleaned up any issues with algae and also fish have not had any problems since installing it.

The only downside is that my fish now most likely don't have a very good immune system so i would not feel comfortable selling them "not that i ever would, i love my fish"

Hi,what brand UV do you have?