Tanganyikan cichlids :)

You could fit certain species to fill up every bit, have all sorts of behaving cichlids like a marine tank

I could post up some pictures if you like

Hey lindley hows things...an 8 x 2 hey very nice :)...worse problem is picking what to go in there.:)..you have so many options at that size...lots of littlle guys....quite a few medium guys..a small group/couple or maybe even only one(depending on mr fishees attitude :))of the big guys...and what type of look are you going for?...an amazon river vibe...a rocky african lake look...an australian billabong.....so many options and only one big tank :)..I reckon you either go with some fish you really want..and make their home a 5 star resort & the type of set up these particular fish will thrive in...or go a certain look and then add fish that go with the this type of theme,look...

hi all just bought a 8ft x 2ft x2ft.

Just cant make my mind up on what to put in any thoughts.

nice tank for your first,

the big question is what do you like, if it was me, i'd look at a nice mix of the different angels and gouramis, some of the bigger tetras, about 6 clown loaches and 4 different bristlenose, and a few mixed corydoras,

i couldnt decide thats why we have 30 tanks with americans and africans... what to do they are all nice and all have nice colours , male africans are nice, girls not so..americans are all nice, angels would look good too