red

Will these fish live together.

lol elec yellows and blues will not cross breed someone was pulling your leg

most of those fish will go together ok you never know my best advice is buy fish of similar sizes and let them grow up togehter often adults will fight even though theyre normally peaceful fish

same as some fish you wouldnt put together as adults will happily grow up together and never have grief

just keep an eye on em

peter

just some info Electric Blues and yellows are capable of crossing from what i have read on the net not from experience but also in a mixed tank really most will cross that is why if u intend on breeding them u really need a spieces only tank , so i really wouldn't worry about mixing fish in a comunity as any fry really should be culled that is why there is 2 types of tanks -

DISPLAY: for simple pleasure which mostly consists of males anyway

BREEDERS : imo spiecies only tank or high numbers of 2 dif types there for the chances of cross breeding is slim

prob a bit off u r topic but thats just my thoughts

Terry

so they will cross breed

I should know by now there is no such thing as never when dealing with randy cichlids I suppose i should say normally they shouldnt but i suppose any male malawi will attempt to breed with any female

lol half the fun of breeding cichlids is working out how much effort they go to

peter

Thanks Peter. Once I get more experience with the breed then I will try to breed them. But that's a little way down the track. I will just sit back and enjoy watching them swim around and learn more about them.

cheers Jodie :)

Were all of these fish the same size?

If anything you might find the flamebacks and electric blues to be a bit nasty but given the fish are all the same size and have enough room to claim territories they should be ok together.

Yellows and Dolphins should be pretty peaceful but i find Flamebacks can have a bit of an attitude on them.

And have never kept Electric Blues but watching them on a Lake Malawi dvd was very interesting as they are a preditor, they steal fry and only pretend to graze on algae to fit in :lol: very sneaky.

All the best.

Stace

Thank you Shorty, and Stacy, I ended up going to the fish auction last Saturday and bought 5 Aul. Maulana Bicolours, 6 fire blues, 4 electric yellows,and 1 blue dolphin. All the fish are about the same size, around 4-5cm. The dolphin is about 7cm. They all seem to be getting on well at the moment. Hopefully they stay it will stay that way. But I can see that i will have to start up another tank one day. I think I'm becoming a fish addict. I keep seeing more fish I want to get.

cheers Jodie :)

hey red i have raised most of my guys together in my display from around the 6cm mark and most are 15cm+ now and get along fine , also have added a few adults in there over the last say year and they get along fine as well never really have had a prob apart from the normal african behaviour , also some may have dif opinions but the electric blues i have had have been real peaceful fish never had a prob with them also knights are a great fish in a display lol lol

Terry

Thank you Shorty, and Stacy, I ended up going to the fish auction last Saturday and bought 5 Aul. Maulana Bicolours, 6 fire blues, 4 electric yellows,and 1 blue dolphin. All the fish are about the same size, around 4-5cm.

Hey Jodie,

the Aulonocara Maulana Bicolour are a very nice peacock - and a good match for you seeings how you like blue and yellow fish :P

I also got some maulana's at auction, i was breeding them, then i sold them, now i'm getting back into them. :lol:

And you should realise that you can never stop at 1 tank :mrgreen:

Stace