Ultra_Pikey

American Cichlid Question?

Hi,

I know this could be a stupid question, but in the vein of the Flower Horn, what are the chances of a Convict cross breeding with a Blue Acara?

If it's possible, what would the likely outcome be? If not possible, what are the reasons?

Cheers, Pikey.

PS: Had a quick look online & can't find any info.

Hi,

I know this could be a stupid question, but in the vein of the Flower Horn, what are the chances of a Convict cross breeding with a Blue Acara?

If it's possible, what would the likely outcome be? If not possible, what are the reasons?

Cheers, Pikey.

PS: Had a quick look online & can't find any info.

Hi Ultra_Pikey

Firstly, I am a strong believer that in the aquatics game there is no such thing as a Stupid Question. It is how we all learn :)

In answer to your question,

Why would you want too :(

I suppose it could happen but it would be a mutation of the originals and therefore not a true species as such.

Unfortunately the same has been achieved in other species and the results prove to be unwanted mutations that could well be to the detriment of the originating species [not to mention to the health of the resulting fry].

In the purests eyes this is definitely a BIG NO NO.

Just My Humble Opinion

RM

Pikey there are far too many crossbreeds happening now. It is an area I really don't like. Quite often these crossbreds are despised by many. But for some reason the crossbreeds coming out of asia seem to be accepted. Go figure.

But please don't do it. In my opinion it is just not worth the effort.

And also don't forget alot of the crossbreed or hybrids still come out infertile.

Hi guys,

Don't worry, I have no desire to make any cross breeds.

I was just asking, as I have some convicts & blue acaras in the same tank & got to thinking.....

They don't appear to be getting overly friendly, but just thought I'd ask if it was something they might do & if so I'd keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get up to any funny business.

Pikey.