renjarben

do fish mate with bro n sis

It depends on the genetics of the fish you have

Plus the further inbreed the more problems but generally U should be fine unless U keep the same stock all the time

Getting fish from different areas will sometimes help but not always

The rarer the fish the harder its going to be to get a new line as the original batch might have been spread between Sydney and Perth

Now when U buy from different areas they could all line back up

Brad

i have tropheus dobs got 3 from a shop(he said from same blood line)2 from diff breeder and another 1 from diff shop

and will be getting a few more

but like u say they could all lead back to the same blood how do u win ??

Doubt with what you have that they will be all same bloodlines. They are an allowable import, so plenty of bloodlines out there. If you buy from lfs's but & they got them in at same time..... If from importer probably same lines. Ask if they are locally bred or not.

Don't know what the big fuss is, there are plenty of fish out there with limited bloodlines that are still a quality fish. There are plenty of breeders out there that line breed species for particular traits, ie; trying to in their eyes improve a species. They use fish that are obviously related.

Frenchy :sheep:

Unless they are showing deformities already there shouldnt be a problem. I believe myself imo that unless you breed with already deformed fish, don't do enough waterchanges and feed the wrong foods your fish will come out fine. Always choose the best fish you can to breed from. The bloodline thing in Australia is always gonna be hard to prove as a lot of our species are not allowable imports and even if they are who is too say they don't come from the same suppliers overseas and are not originally bought from the same breeders.

you should be more concerned about the quality of the fish as most fish i would believe in australia are imbreed. a bloke buys a group of fry, same parents, sells fry to a pet shop, someone else buys these fry, same parents, breeds and sells fry and so on.