I got some of the Tanganyikan buffer today to try and get my pH and GH up. I mixed it up as per directions and added it to my tank and was instantly greeted with my water turning into a nasty white cloud which hasn't cleared and its nearly 9 hours later. :hothead: Literally, if I look in the end I can't see the other side (5ft). Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think there is anything to worry about but it still shits me. :irked:

No, I'm going to do a water change on Wednesday and vac the gravel. I didn't want to do a change today cos I got some leleupi and I thought it would be best to let them settle in for a few days. My mate uses the malawi buffer and he has no problems with cloudiness. I'm thinking I might e-mail Seachem to find out what they reckon.

sounds like you have some in the water is causing a reaction to form a white precipitate, maybe one of the more experience hobbist would be able to guess it. alkyline is typically white but i'm not sure what it binds to. oxidizing may work to break up the chain, so try giving your water more aeration. otherwise, troll the chemistry books or do a huge water change and prebuffer it.

good luck

Hey Brad I think u mean the other Nicko mate.

dexxl my water is very well oxygenated and I haven't studied chemistry for years :lol: It took all night for the cloud to disappear and the water is looking better. I did a small water change and added some prime and a little bit of buffer and it didnt cloud up.

I e-mailed seachem so I will let everyone knwo what they have to say. Thanks for all the replies.

Nicko. :ewink: