hey guys was moving stuff around on the weekend and found this:

DSC09727.jpg

Have since done a complete rescape emptied all the water out and scrubbed the gravel (i was moving anyway) and was just wondering if this was something i should keep an eye on...

Cheers,

Scott

Gees this isnt good me and gingerbeer agreeing again lol.

Hydra is pretty bad news. It is also neer impossible to get rid of. Even chlorine has a hard time controling this stuff.

It is appearing in a lot of peoples tanks I would say due to dams filling and fresh water happening. The only way to kill this stuff is with a product for farm animals called panacur25 I used 1ml to 40l I left my fish there with no probs. But I would suggest removing the fish only cause it will be on everything. It is known as a fresh water seaanenome and does exactly the same stinging the fish. Adult and large fish don't seem to be bothered but it will kill and consume fry of fish.

sorry i didnt see this earlier, have you gotten it under control yet? if not i accidently discovered a much easier, and perfectly safe for your fish, method of killing them, MULTICURE :o . had the stuff appear in my old comp tank months ago and with only one dose of multicure it was gone, however i did a second treatment 3 days later to be sure. within hours of multicure being in the tank the hydra went brown and tentacles withdrawn and the next day they were dropping their hold on the glass

well iv just found the same thing in my tank so i took ronnys advice and went staight down and bought multi cure after 2 min of putting it in u can see they curling up and dieing...i only added enough to treat 10lts of a 80lt tank as iv got bn fry

ah fuck!

I just checked the 6FT with all my expensive and beloved fish in it and its full of the little annoying things! not small ones like in that photo link, but they are like, 4cm long with the head at the top. It was fun to move my hand across the top and watch them all quickly shrink back into the gravel.

would myxazin kill thems? it kills everything right???? or whitespot cure? its got formaldehyde and malachite green in it?

hahaha

nailed it jaynee, its just over 4cm. little buggers arn't to spread out, but they are big. and if i wave my hand over the light, they all duck deep into the gravel.

would be a neat party trick if I wasn't worried they might harm my lovely fishies :soppy: