Joel Davo

What fish mix well with oscars?

Hey everyone im setting up and aquarium and im thinking of getting oscars. I am after aggressive fish that will grow large so i can have fun with them feeding livies. i was wondering what fish mix well with oscars or even a different species to get that will grow large amd be extremely aggressive. thanks

so dont mix oscars? im just trying to get a rough idea of what fish to buy. I wAs going to get mangrove jack but they are so hard to find and so expensive. im after a fish that is relatively easy to find and really aggressive and grows large

i definetely wouldnt put a dovii in with an oscar or anything else, otherwise you'll end up with just a dovii.

Better choices for tankmates for an oscar would be - larger geos, gold and white saum rivulatus, festae, stuff like blackbelts and synspillums, texas, bocourti even

Personally i'd stick away from devils, jags, jacks and dovii, they will cause probs as they can be a bit tempermental. that being said all of them with the exception of the dovii and jack could work, you just need to find the right fish.

But defs no jacks or dovii if you want other fish