hi guys ..ive a 3foot heated tank that houses 3 x 3 cm albino catfish, 1x 5cm sailfin,

1x 6cm fancy goldfish , 1 x10cm fancy comet and 1x 9cm fancy gold fish...

all r doing well and r happy.

id like to add 2x clown loaches..to this tank ..or arnet they a compatible fish for the slower swimmwers..? ive a large log placed in the tank for any fish that need hiding space.. any commments good or other wood be much appreciated, ty

Matts right, you have temperate water fish - gold fish and most likely tropical - catfish, pending what they are they could grow big, the clown loaches are tropical as well but water conditions should be ok, as you say your tank is happy, i would say the clowns are probably going to be the most entertaining fish in your tank, however if you are buying small ones, it’s a good idea to introduce more then 2 as they are a shoaling fish and are at their best with a few more. As things grow you can always put the goldfish out in a pond

hi karen and matmatmat, ty for your replies..ok ..the 10 cm is a comet fantail/9cm is a shubunkin calico/6 cm calico oranda..and the water is heated to around 25 degrees, mostly for the suckerfish..nb.. as a learner /driver re fish ..i originally heated the tank ..b4 i learnt that goldfish where a coldwater fish, and have since kept it that way .as i said all are happy and growing really well.

I wouldn't add clown loaches to that tank, those guys prefer to be in groups of 4+ to be really happy...and a 3 foot tank won't be big enough for them with all the other fish in there if you get 4! They also prefer higher temperatures, which will stress the goldfish.