Hi Richie

Its not a good idear to keep a BGK with tetras

Black knifes get from 30 to 42cms

And thay have large moths for a fish their size and u might find some of your small fish will go missing

I feed my guy flake and proteen pellets He is around 14 cms now

As for a house you can try a clear vars 1 of those long ones

Roo

hey these guys are fairly tough fish mine are around 2 @ 18cm 1 @ 10cm and live with 2 red scatts , 2 monos , a gold head comp , 2 purple spotted gudgeons , a humphead and a yo-yo loach and do really well , they will eat ya small fish though as was said just make sure they get there food as the others will get it b 4 them

Terry

ive had 4 ghostknife,i buy them 2 at a time round 4 inches long but they only seem to last a couple of months at most,would that be because of the bristlenoses or clown loaches or something else altogether.would love to buy more,but find out whats going wrong with them first.i was told by an aquarium shop that they are fine in a tropical tank with most tropical fish...any ideas would be appreciated

ive had 4 ghostknife,i buy them 2 at a time round 4 inches long but they only seem to last a couple of months at most,would that be because of the bristlenoses or clown loaches or something else altogether.would love to buy more,but find out whats going wrong with them first.i was told by an aquarium shop that they are fine in a tropical tank with most tropical fish...any ideas would be appreciated

Firstly, no it won't be of your fish. It will be more down to water quality & they fact they don't work best as pairs. I have kept 4 large ones in a 4 footer before.

The aquarium shop can tell you what they like, they are good with other tropical fish as long as they don't fit in their mouths.

Frenchy :sheep:

i would be checking your water i have 1 at 27cm been living with natives 4 5 months now no probs

and have 3 others with my tropicals 1 4 4 months 2 4 a month now

they go fine with any fish i had 1 with my cichlids 6 months she was fine

hey all i've kept bgk's i find that they will eat smaller fish but also get beaten up by more dominant fish in the tank if there's not enough hidy holes. i had one get cleaned up by a lge male electric yellow because they both wanted the same hole so i would suggest you have quite a few hidy places.