Is there any secrets to getting my nitrogen level down in a marine tank ? I Have done many water changes the last was 2 days ago 3/4 water change.It is Still sky high , I have live rock,crushed coral in a 3 ft tank sump system,feed is very minimal no waste, no decomposing fish this thing has me beat. Any advice is gonna be apreciated.

Some more info would help?Is it a new setup or mature ?Has there been a power outage?Have you cleaned filters /substrate or anything else? Water specs/filter specs ect ect the more info the better we can help but at the moment its only guess work till we get more info.

Ah ok well setup is 3 months old nothing changed in about a month when i did a water change. Have crush coral substrate and in sump.Halea chiller running at 25 and aqua clear protein skimmer. The first thing i noticed was coral not out then some of the fish gad white spot.Lost an angle fish and a clown imediately removed them. The only thing that changed i put some Bio aid drops in the sump that are suposed to promote good bacteria which help remove the nitrogen. At one stage I notice live rock very active bubbling.But just can't see what pushed nitrate up it just won't come down. There are 4 chromis 2 damsels 2 clown i angle 2 small tang 2 anenomes and a banded cray.

Ah ok well setup is 3 months old nothing changed in about a month when i did a water change. Have crush coral substrate and in sump.Halea chiller running at 25 and aqua clear protein skimmer. The first thing i noticed was coral not out then some of the fish gad white spot.Lost an angle fish and a clown imediately removed them. The only thing that changed i put some Bio aid drops in the sump that are suposed to promote good bacteria which help remove the nitrogen. At one stage I notice live rock very active bubbling.But just can't see what pushed nitrate up it just won't come down. There are 4 chromis 2 damsels 2 clown i angle 2 small tang 2 anenomes and a banded cray.

Posting a record of your testing and water change regime, will help us give you advice specific to your aquarium....... rather than forcing us to make assumptions and give generic reccomendations.

Personally I am in love with miracle mud sumps these days. Probably something to do with my green thumb when it comes to algae lol

but macroalgae based sumps are very aggressive as far as nitrate removal goes.

much nicer than excessive water changes anyway.

I think maybe that you rushed your stocking of fish and its going through the cycling process again. Myself with marine dont start stocking for 3months and then only 1or2 small fish a week or 2 apart to allow bacteria to catch up.Try testing your water over the next few weeks you should see the levels start to level out.Would keep up water changes and reduce feeding.Would add a wavemaker to make sure ther are no dead spots in the tank.

Ok guys thanks for your replys .I'm just learning so all info is apreciated it just disheartning loosing fish.And not having answers ,supose it is just a big learning curve but miracle mud sounds the go to attack nitrogen.Just a thought if plants need nitrigen would it be a good idea to add that to sump?