Barmy

Availability of Pakistani Loaches

Hey guys,

A few months ago, every LFS I visited had plenty of pakistani loaches for sale. Now, virtually nowhere has them. I went to the Aquarium Warehouse - a friend of mine told me they do great deals on these guys - and was told that they had none because it wasn't "loach season". Is there any truth to that, and if so, does anyone know when it will be "loach season" again?

Cheers,

Barmy

Hey Barmy,

that's not true at all - you should have replied is it rabbit season or duck season hahahaha.

There might be problems with suppliers or loaches might not be for sale atm from the wholesalers but they are always in stock.

They are basically as available as clown loasches are.

Try asking them to order you some in.

Cheers

Stace

I thought that might be the case, especially when I was told to "check back in a couple of weeks" - that seemed like an awfully short "season"! But the young guy who told me seemed genuine and the fact nowhere else I go has them at the moment made me think he might be on to something; Just a coincidence, then?

If anyone has seen any around the SE for a reasonable price, could you let me know? I'll order some in at my local if nowhere has them, but I do like having options.

Cheers,

Barmy

Well most of the clown loachers are colected after the wet season when the water goes down the fish are caught in the pools and ponds there land locked in

I'm not shore about the yo yos for a nother name for them

But just ring around the shops near you some 1 sould have some in soon enough

Roo