Sign in to follow this  
ashman01

Strange fungus on the glass

As many of you know this happend to be a week ago:

http://qldaf.com/modules.php?name=Forum ... pic&t=1250

since then i have been getting this strange fur like hairy stuff on the glass They are about 3-4mm in length and about 1cm spaced apart. They look like the things that grow on the stem of sum flowers.

I have used a magnet cleaner and get rid of them and every time i do a gravel vac they come back without fail.

What should i do?

It could be algie groth

Do u leave the light on a lot?

I get these groths some time that look and fell like spong

I figer there some sort of fresh water sponge but I just scrap them off

I get these groths like you seem to be getting where thewater from the powerhead hits the sude of the tank

I just put it down to the water flow

Roo[/u]

Doesnt sound like that. These are more like spores. They look like well its hard to say. And they grow all over the tank. Mainly on the back wall but pretty much all the glass. And they re-appear when i do a gravel vac.

And yes i leave the light on alot.

dude youve got hydra see post on similar for me

these look like little sea anemonmea and tend to stay in tanks that are quiet and maybe a little dark

hard buggers to get rid of and will kill babies only annoy adult fish

ive tried salt and general cure but also introduced some apple snails who seem to reduce the numbers

ive researched the net the way they talk about is to remove all fish and rais ethe temp of water as high as u can go for 30 minutes this will kill em all even the ones u cant see then put fish back in when safe

peter

Sign in to follow this