kjw2008

Great Glass Cleaner - Chux magic eraser

Just thought I would post this to let you know about a great glass cleaner I have just discovered.

The Chux magic eraser - Bathroom. they are chemical and detergent free and basically just a tight sponge. I had a tank with a lot of those small green spots on it that are hard to get off.

Well I took to it with this sponge and it did a fantastic job, the glass has never looked cleaner. I recommend them to everyone.

Hope that helps someone

Kjw

I've tried something very similar which was like a sanding block made out of very fine, hard sponge. It worked well.

What also works well is one of the double-sided cleaning sponge/scourer with a plastic scraper inbetween on the end of a stick. The scraper owns green algae plooms! :D

I actually use armour all glass wipes on the outside of my glass and it works really well too.

no wonder your angelfish dropped dead???

i would not go using a chemical wipe on the outside of ma tank ryan, maybe u got some on ya hand, or some in the tank, not a great idea.....

I know I am new to this, but not that silly. I would never mix the chemicals from these wipes with the water in my tank. I actually know people who use a spray, which is even worse. I would find it hard to believe that I lost 1 angelfish because of this, yet all my other fish were totally fine. I believe there were other circumstances involved. Thanks for your concern though :)

thanks kjw all these little discoveries make the job a bit easier. i have found a similar thing myself, it was a scourer for teplon, the same yellow sponge but the green bit is some kind of hard rubber with a rough texture, cleans algae like a dream and hasnt scractched glass or acrilic. i would say to everyone to never use thos aglae cleaner pads with the handle you get from aquarium shops again. i know the product im using anyway out performs by far and those sold in pets shops can scratch acrilic.

cheers

mick

Does anyone know how to get the calcium build up off the inside of the tank.

Thanks

Steve

Vinegar and water should do it for you mate. Although, I'm not sure how it will affect your water (its not toxic).... but I'm fairly cautious, and I wouldn't want too much of it go into the water. Will work on the outside though or if the tank is empty, otherwise I would be careful.

If you find the calcium difficult to come off, you might want to soak a paper towel in the vinegar and leave it on the area you want to clean for 15mins or so to soak for a bit.

also chux magic ersaser works well in car detailing, good for removing stubbon stain's from leather etc, test in inconspicuois spot first though.

I personally use 0000 grade steel wool and water on my fishtanks and can remove most inbuilt grime expect deep deep water marks. will not sratch