Sign in to follow this  
mickjohnson86

Hey everyone!

Hey guys, I haven't got around to introducing myself yet so here it is. I'm Mick, from Toowoomba and have been keeping fish for about 15 years now. Up until recently ive owned a 6x2x2 mixed display tank and a 4x2x1ish coffe table tank housing bristlenose. Last week I picked up a bargain fully setup 10x2.5x2.5 with sump, lights, heaters, media, gravel, etc for $850 with the intent on putting Peacock Bass in it. I have pm'd trk18 to see if he has any available and I was thinking of growing out 6. Is that a good number for my tank size and would you recommend any tank mates(pleco, Saratoga, others)? Really enjoying the wealth of information on this forum. Cheers, Mick.

Hey Mick..welcome on board mate and nice set ups...love the new big tank addition and I cant speak from experience with PBass but think a little group of 6 would be a nice number for that size setup(making sure filtration etc is on par) ....but Im guessing as I dont have the personal experience with these guys...ask away though mate as there are some well experienced PBassers out there(trk18 being one ;)) :) good luck with the guys and love to see some pics of the set ups too mate...;)

Hey Mick, welcome:)

I saw 3 on here for sale last night, they'll be in the livestock section somewhere.. I've never kept them either (I here they eat more than I do ;) )

Glad your enjoying the forum.

Cheers Mat