Yep add salt (aquarium salt/rock salt pool salt etc) and bump up temp and air.

But a good rule to remember with changing temp is 3 degrees in the first hr, 1 degree every hr after that, you don't want to stress the fish out even more.

Often fish develop fungus after having whitespot as their immune system is down so just keep an eye out for anything other than whitespot.

Just an update on the white spot.The 2 balloon mollies and 1 tetra still have the white spot. The mollies have the spots on there tails and there not rubbing on the rocks anymore and the tetra has a white hase on it compared to the other one.

So far since last Sunday i've raised the temp to 29 - 30 and had the air stone going 24 - 7.Added Tri-sulfa tablets on Sunday and a second dose Wednesday.

Should they have gone buy now?

The medicine only treats the cyust when at the free swimming stage. Therefore not when on the fish it self. Usually a few treatments are needed, so you can catch the disease at free swimming. Usually one more dose after you can't see the spots is best to, to make sure.

I would do a 30% water change with gravel vac, re dose today. Do the same again on Tuesday, that should do it. {hopefully}

Frenchy :sheep:

The medicine only treats the cyust when at the free swimming stage. Therefore not when on the fish it self. Usually a few treatments are needed, so you can catch the disease at free swimming. Usually one more dose after you can't see the spots is best to, to make sure.

I would do a 30% water change with gravel vac, re dose today. Do the same again on Tuesday, that should do it. {hopefully}

Thanks Frenchy.

I wasnt sure if it was working, so i'll do that today. 8)

Another update on the white spot.

White spot is still present.I'm now trying Protozin.Im on the 3rd day and the white spot is starting to disappear.There is one more dosage on the 4th day and last dosage on the 6th day.The directions dont say anything about water changes.I did a Ammonia test and it read between 1 and 2ppm.Nitrite and Nitrate are zero.

The way to get ammonia down is water changes but i cant while i'm using Protozin.

Has any one used this product and whats the best thing to do?

Thanks Richard

Do a water change just before you do a treatment. Most medicines have a limited lifespan in the water. I can't remember what I was told of hand. One drug was 8 hours. I should of taken notes.

Protozin will def do the trick.

Thanks Dr Frenchy,my fish will appreciate it. :egrin:

You can take them out & give them a soak in bleach{non sented}, bit of a scrub with a clean brush. But you will have to re soak in bucket with water, nuetraliser & air stone for a day.

I would give one more treatment to make sure but. Gravel vac just before treatment too.

Thank god i dont have to pay u by the question Frenchy.Your a great sauce of info.Me being new to this game, but i'm learning quickly. ;)