Sign in to follow this  
Choc Gourami

German Blue Ram Fry

My German Blue Rams have spawned and the fry have just hatched today. I've only had them for about 4 weeks and this is the second time that they have spawned. The first lot all got fungus. Not sure how many there are as they have moved them into a hollow log. Here's hoping that they survive.

I hope they survive for you also. Easy to breed but hard to raise. I had a batch laid monday night

but the greedy blighters ate the lot. :( waiting for the next lot.

If you could relocate them to a tank of their own, add a couple of drops of Methylene Blue to the water

(that would kill any fungus & bugs) you may have a chance with them.

Good luck buddy.

Cheers Shorty. :fish:

PS. Let me know how they go. :)

Mum and Dad have moved the fry a couple of times in the last two days. They had them hidden inside a hollow log yesterday and I could only see 3 or 4. I thought the worse and thought that they had eaten them. This morning when I got up they had moved them out and put them on the glass at the back of the tank. They're starting to be free swimming now. Probably got over 100 at the moment. I will give them their first feed of egg today. Looking forward to seeing them roaming around the tank together.

Great news. Unfortunately mine get eaten by other inhabitants of the tank. Have to be very observant

& quick enough to get them out when they've spawned.

Keep us posted.

Cheers Shorty. :fish:

My German blue rams have spawned either today or yesterday in a 3ft community tank (tetra's, BN and some other small fish). I have a cycled 2ft tank that is currently empty. Should I move the eggs to the 2ft tank with the parents or without the parents or not at all? Also what is the best food for German Blue Rams when they are fry (I know they have very small mouths).

Newly hatched brine shrimp, small fry (an egg based mix available from LFS) or insuforia (google how to make it)

:fish:

Sign in to follow this