Welcome to QLD Aquarium Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ScanQld

[Appreciation] Redlands Pet Centre - Highly Recommended!

298 posts in this topic

We made our first visit to Redlands Pet Centre today and were very impressed with the service we received. The staff were extremely helpful and the discounts provided to qldaf members are phenomenal. We walked away with some absolute bargains as well as excellent advice from Russ. We must also comment on the health of the fish. We have never seen such healthy looking fish in a LFS before.

Yep I agree to I was dropping off some samples of food and had a quick look around excellent quality of fish too.

I gotta say when I first saw this place I didn't expect much. I thought it would be your average shopping centre pet store. Boy was I wrong. This place is awesome. The tanks are spotless, the fish are healthy and the prices are the best I have seen.

I bought 4 rummy nose tetras about 2 weeks for $12 (most other shops I go to sell them for about $6 each) and they are doing just fine. Will not hesitate to go back!

Agree. And Russ is an excellent guy to deal with too. I'll definitely return for more supplies, even though it's a long drive away!!

Anyone know how much Russ is selling his small bags of Purigen?

And does he sell the HBH Veggie Flake?

(I could just call them but hey, no bump of the thread and plug for his business ;) )

Im gonna go for another visit real soon, Need some more fish. Watch out russ that annoying fat kid is coming back!!!

Anyone know how much Russ is selling his small bags of Purigen?

And does he sell the HBH Veggie Flake?

(I could just call them but hey, no bump of the thread and plug for his business ;) )

every day price is $19.95 for the 100g purigen bags. never seen HBH products in there before however have always found a decent substitute, OSI spirulina flake has always worked for me.

I dont need to say it again but i will ;) Russ is a true gentleman and an asset to the industry. Keep up the good work RPC

Hi Guys

Thanks for the support and kind comments.

To answer gtr73, the QLDAF price for Purigen 100g bags is currently $11.95. We don't sell HBH, but as Ronny said we do have better and lower priced alternatives.

I am working on a new specials list which I hope to get up in the next week or so.

Regards

Russ

Hi Guys

Thanks for the support and kind comments.

To answer gtr73, the QLDAF price for Purigen 100g bags is currently $11.95. We don't sell HBH, but as Ronny said we do have better and lower priced alternatives.

I am working on a new specials list which I hope to get up in the next week or so.

Regards

Russ

hey Russ

was in the store on saturday and your staff are a credit to you as well as the quality of the tanks and fish, prices of the fish are definately the lowest i have seen in a lfs. I was on a flying visit while up from sydney and wished i wasnt flying home as there were plenty of bits and pieces that was on the wish list. I was talking to a female staff member about the new prestige food line and she said you might be taking it on board, i am sure you will like the results.

Once again congratulations on a well set up shop and very helpful and pleasant staff (other fish shops could learn a thing or two)

Trent

Russ,

For those of us that are directionaly disfunctional, which one of the shopping centres in capalaba are you in?? there is about 4 or 5 different shopping complexes there & if your not a local (or female) one shopping centre looks just like another & its hard enough to get us blokes to any shopping centre to start with.

cheers & look forward to see you if I can find the place

volkslid.

i found this place today and couldn't believe my eyes, so many great aquarium products for such a small store inside a shopping centre!! the tanks were amazing and beautiful, the fish great. so many friendly staff wanting to help me... plus a great kitty cat section :)

makes me glad that i'm moving back to the southside soon

in other news, i also went to the capalaba pet super store today and they were selling 'painted' albino black widows :( first time i've actually seen dyed fish in brisbane :(

i found this place today and couldn't believe my eyes, so many great aquarium products for such a small store inside a shopping centre!! the tanks were amazing and beautiful, the fish great. so many friendly staff wanting to help me... plus a great kitty cat section :)

makes me glad that i'm moving back to the southside soon

in other news, i also went to the capalaba pet super store today and they were selling 'painted' albino black widows :( first time i've actually seen dyed fish in brisbane :(

I wouldnt of even waisted my time going to capalaba pet super store, that place.... :roll:

Me and a mate took the long drive to visit Redlands Pet Centre Today. It took us almost 1.5 hours because of the truck accident at the gateway but it was definitely worth it. Russ really looked after us and provided us with some insane prices. Looking forward heading back there for my next hardware spending spree ;)

I would have to say more than highly recommend. I bought an FX5, media,lge bottle of Prime and lge bottle of Stability and a few other items and still spent less money than I would have on just the filter at another store. Russ is great and the prices he does for forum members really are insane. If you hadn't guessed I'm the mate that Pnit went there with. Well worth the drive. :):)

Thanks again Russ

I'd have to agree with all the glowing reports in this thread.

I made my first visit to Redlands Pet Centre today & I would have to say it is the best aquarium I've seen in Brisbane.

I was very impressed by the informative labelling of each fish/tank. All the tanks were the cleanest I've seen in a pet store.

The range was very good & the staff were attentive & informed (rare at some aquariums).

And on top of that, the prices are great & that's without any discount! (I thought it rude to ask for a discount on my first ever visit)

Got myself 4 little snail asasins (for $6 less than I bought 3 for the day before @ another store!)

In summary, well worth the trip & I'll be back with bells on!

Pikey.

Fantastic to see Positive feedback!!

loving it!!

:cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy: :cloppy:

8)

Snipped from PM to russel, thought it would be good to share the positive thoughts.

Hey mate,

I had a visit to your store the other day and like others i wasnt expecting much due to the in shopping centre location.

I have to say, your store is one of the cleanest most well labeled stores ive been to. The fish all looked happy and the water was perfectly clean. Very impressive.

I believe i was served by morgan and she was a great help. As were all of the other staff, its good to see that service hasnt died yet!

And then there is the prices, i dont know how u do it but they are truely amazing, never will i go to another fish store!

Yet again Russ has come through with the goods. I took my mate there to get some stuff to set up his revamped 6' tank. Ended up spending a little more than he expected. But that's what you get when you can get an FX5 for $360. The bastard got it cheaper than me :? Oh well what ya gonna do.

As usual Russ was a big help with some great advice.

If you need a new filter and was thinking about an FX5 then you better get onto Russ and get one while they are cheap. I don't think the price drop will last long.

Thanks again Russ.

Andrew (and mate who has not yet posted)

Drew77 - I posted but in a different thread :) oops

The shop, Russ and staff are truely awesome! I can see my Saturday mornings being taken up by regular drives to Redlands.......