In all honesty be better of renting one from BOC or the likes they are regularly checked and repaired or replaced. Saves time and money in the long run.

I used to have the d size from memory was about $100 approx/year to rent and around $50 to exchange its been a couple of years though. I am looking at it again. I used the standard grade used for welding(industrial) some use the medical strength but price wise is really expensive. Plus I just bought fittings from supacheap which was cheap. Where the medical strength now requires a special fitting, which is like $200.

hth

Braddo BOC have a Fish Gas in the E Cyclinders & it is gas that is purged in the lines before medical gas is decanted

Hoping one day someone will market it in spray can size for fish people.

Try your local welding mob. They will set u up with a boc account and full bottle. D size is 194 per year rental dont remember prices on the smaller or larger sizes. Just remember to turn it off at the bottle between use.

Ok just rang supagas (thanks leah they were on my list)

1.5 cubic meter bottle with a number 10 fitting ( you will need to buy a fitting from this to fill bags )

$15.40 month and $40.76 to refill ?

is that about right ? Lady also said doubt if I would find one to buy outright

FJ

Ours is a trade account. I don't know if that differs at all from private use prices.

We use the 'G' size bottles.

My company shuts down during Xmas and I'm currently on 4 weeks holiday, so.. from memory, our cylinder rental is $15 a month and $65 per cylinder plus GST, with free next day delivery on orders, however I know the prices recently went up slightly, but I can't tell you until I go back to work on the 21st of January.

BOC charges a 'per day' rental on their bottles (approx 55c*/day). Supagas charges a months rental if you go over the calendar month, therefore if you use the whole cylinder within that calendar month, then you can escape the rental fee, or something to that effect.

I think you might find it hard to buy one outright, but I could be wrong. Rentals would all be safety checked and cleared etc etc

I reccommend Supagas for price, service and quality PLUS they're a 100% Australian company :)

(..if anyone reads this and works for Supagas, I demand a discount for this most excellent plug LOL)

Edited by leah

The rental seems a bit high at $180/year. But at least you pay monthly.

Thats rental on a 'G' size if you go over the calendar month.

e.g. Get a cylinder on the 1st of the month, use it all by the 30th and send it back, you pay no rental (please check with Supagas the exact terms on this)

BOC rental @ .55c x 365days = more than Supagas ;)

Got one today from BOC

With all the hassle I wish I hadn't bothered ( try to get from the bottle to an air gun )

no one sells all the parts in the same shop been to three so far

bought a part there a hose there need to go back for couple more bits as one I can't get on the hose

so hopefully by today I will have air might buy a mask and have the first squirt for me

FJ

: FJ ... so hopefully by today I will have air might buy a mask and have the first squirt for me

lol .... you're telling us it's O2 but really it's amyl eh :D tongue n cheek FJ lol catch up this fri