Hi all, I'm kinda new to keeping Americans. Had Africans for ages. Now want a change and just want maybe 2 big fish. My tank is 500 lts and pretty roomy. I'm thinking of getting a red dragon ( flower horn I think) with a big kok and a red devil or marble fenny. These should mix ok right?

Next thing, I'm at ferny hills north Brisbane. Any one close with any of the above. Thank you. I want to buy today. Just don't want pay 3 times as much at a shop, but may have to. Tried getting onto flowerhornfun.com but you have to wait

luke you can't go wrong getting some from fish junkie, i'm sure he will have some fry also, but maybe not the ones he posted above,

if it was me, and i wanted a couple big display fish, i'd be grabbing those 2 above and running, :)

i can almost say for sure if fj has offered you these 2 then they will be ok together,

Thanks mate, I think I'm going to start with them being small. Hey how long do these fish live for if kept well, also are these two together. Do they get along ok? Thanks

the devils in with other larger fish hes not getting picked on but he's not loving the tank either

the marble is in his own tank he was in with his own kind but had to take males out as they got agro over girls

you could buy small fish and wait a year or just get adults

luke you can't go wrong getting some from fish junkie, i'm sure he will have some fry also, but maybe not the ones he posted above,

if it was me, and i wanted a couple big display fish, i'd be grabbing those 2 above and running,

i can almost say for sure if fj has offered you these 2 then they will be ok together,

these are cheap but I could do with the tank space perfect fish just have other devils and fennys

Not been in together but if Luke or anyone wants these I'm happy to try them in one of my tanks first

FJ

You prolly should get a Flowerhorn and a Red Devil, as they both produce big koks (nuchal humps). In a large enough tank (yours), they can cohabit, but well, aggressive fish being aggressive fish, there's always a chance that things will go south, fast.