Thanks for the warning but yeah of course they are watching. Not sure why you mentioned Peacock Bass though mate as they are not a Noxious Species. I don't think they are on the import list either though so not sure where they stand. However I have seen them for sale in LFS lately so i'd imagine that means u can do what u like with them just can't be caught importing them.

What's there to worry about. So long as you're not doing anything illegal then it's perfectly fine. :)

And yes it's expected that they go through this forums.

Don't import anything illegal - http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade/lists/import/pubs/live-import-list.pdf; don't keep anything illegal http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_13605.htm; and you're fine. If you choose to do something illegal and you're found out then your fault. :) Peacock bass isn't on the noxious list btw.

people just think big n rare is illegal....lots of fish just live in the land of the grey..do the right thing and dont destroy waterways and follow the laws/guidelines and you too can have an underwater party......

people just think big n rare is illegal....lots of fish just live in the land of the grey..do the right thing and dont destroy waterways and follow the laws/guidelines and you too can have an underwater party......

Hooray! Bikini party :mrgreen:

Re that police comment. Absolutely the police don't tell you every rule. Just like the tax office. But I have certainly had the police visit certain events for education purposes. I'm not saying anything major but education is proven time and time again to be the best deterrent. And cheapest. When we are talking about our environment I personally don't think the addage of "if someone releases 200 snakeheads onto our waterways will just fine them" is really appropriate. By the time they know about something it's already to late.

Its also been proven that the punishment rarly deters an illegal activity. It is the perceived chance of getting caught. If Aquis showed their head around the place people are more likely to see their are actually people out there that will catch them. Hell most people, especially those least likely to know our rules (foreigners who are probably most likely to travel overseas) don't even know who Aquis are. Sure as forumors we know, but I work with professional people accross many different industries and you would be Supprised how many don't have a clue.

Its also been proven that the punishment rarly deters an illegal activity.

I dunno, when someone gets busted, word spreads.

AQIS doesnt mess around.

As Les says, they are just doing their job.

And theres no reason to not be polite and offer them a cuppa.

But at the same time you should take on board the punishment others have recieved for breaching the law.

As I said, AQIS doesnt mess around.

And posting up illegal stuff on a public forum is basically waving a red flag and asking to be made an example of.

Notice theres no one posting up mangrove root in the for sale section?

guess why.........

Cool stuff.

I'll be right then.

Just don't think they will be big enough for future use.

So will probably just hoard it like all the other fish crap i got.

JP

Interesting that one of the sponsors trades solely in illegaly imported invertebrates...................

Want to really get some attention ? start a thread my shrimp are turning white and dying or what are these white spots on my shrimp.