smokin

Setting up my fx5

Hi all! I just got my hands on a 2nd hand fluval fx5. Going to be setting up for peacock bass in my 4x2x2. Just wanted to get some ideas on how I should stack the trays. Tank set up is in our living room and the media I will be using is Mr Aqua Biological filter media. All tips would be greatly appreciated. Will I need to run polishing pads fx5 round blue sponge? Will I need to run any other stuff like bio balls, carbon?

Thanks

Smokin

Edited by smokin

i just run max bio media in my fx5 with the standard mechanical filtration on the outer edge if that makes sense? carbon is not needed, and if u do use carbon remember to take out if treating the water etc

2 fx5s on a 4x2 is probably overkill but anyway. I have two running on a 6x2x2.5 and one of the filters is full of crushed coral (In the trays) and mechanical sponge around the outside. The other is purigen in the top tray, noodles in the middle and bio balls in the bottom and mechanical sponges around the outside

Thanks mate. Yeah Ionly have one fx5 to be rrunning g in my 4x2x2. Mechanical sponge as in the sponge that is fitted on the outside of the trays?

2 fx5s on a 4x2 is probably overkill but anyway. I have two running on a 6x2x2.5 and one of the filters is full of crushed coral (In the trays) and mechanical sponge around the outside. The other is purigen in the top tray, noodles in the middle and bio balls in the bottom and mechanical sponges around the outside

I run the standard foam, 1 tray of crushed coral, 1 of ceramic rings and the top 1 has chemi pure, never had a prob with water. I only use the coral because I keep Tangs. I swear by chemi pure though.

In my eyes there no such thing as overkill when it comes to filters. 2 is perfect. As you clean one you can have the other going still.

cheers

Tys