blocka

price to drill tanks

I could probably do it my self I'm a carpenter but the tank im lookin at is a 8x3x2 and want someone who knows what their doing and will cover breakage

i think you will find that people who drill tanks DO NOT cover breakage ,i dont and do it at owners risk ,saying that i have drilled 100s of tanks and never broken one yet ,(slow and steady wins the race)

Edited by PETFISH

It's easier to crack a smaller thinner tank than an 8ftr like that.

Should be 12mm glass, my 8x2x2 is 12mm and I drilled 4 holes in it no worrys, give it a go, it really is very easy to do.

I think what PETFISH is saying is correct "generally all those who drill glass will tell you that if it breaks they are not responsible"

Its really REALLY easy to drill your own using a bit from ebay.

Just make yourself a template first and use plenty of water.

couple of tips dont go to fast ,use template ,keep bit and glass wet (i use a spray bottle) drill from both sides (much neater finish without scollups )get someone else to squirt water for you ,do not wiggle drill from side to side keep very steady ,it,s a bit freaky doing the first one ,just take your time and it will be easy as.

Get a scrap piece of glass and drill it first for pratice.

Once you get the first one done you'll realise just how easy it it.

I'd use your cordless drill to do it aswell.

JP

Most tanks would use 25mm bulkheads which require a 35mm hole but the 6 and 8 ft tanks would probably require 40 or 50mm bulkheads. I don't know what size holes these require.

i would do 45mm holes one at each end to take 35mm b/head for o/flow/return and a 35mm hole @ 300mm of centre for return ,on this you can put a 600mm spray bar.