buddy02

Red Texas - Before and after

014.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

Have now started to lay eggs, the big guy must have been waiting for his friend to get a bit bigger.

I think his friend is more pink in colour, what are your thoughts?

Edited by buddy02

After the courting she laid eggs and he lost interest so eggs ended up getting eaten.

He was more interested in the female flowerhorn and red devil although neither were keen on him. So no action there.

I have given him a fm bp for now though, she is experienced so hopefully teach him a thing or 2.

Only a young pair though so will see how it pans out in the future.

man u can put me on the list for some fry me mates got a red texas project goin on but that would save alot of time and i got some red fish to ad to that blood he is hands down the best red texas ive sn think i said that before

Happy to report, the Penny has finally dropped.

Got him in a 6fter with the female red Texas and female flowerhorn. He breeds with both of them at separate ends of the tank.

All eggs get squirted on and turn to wrigglers then fry. The females are going off every month alternatively so every 2 weeks he is doing the deed.

When getting ready he goes pearly white all over. Got some more eggs this morning when I woke up.

Took photos , will post some up later

Yeah I was gonna pump him full of white crane but decided to keep the money in my pocket instead. Not sure what the new owner will be doing with him but won't be my problem.

I have got rid of all my fish except these 3. Going back to Oscars. I have a soft spot for them.

I keep other fish then it seems every 3 or 4 years I go back to Oscars.