jayyyd_

need help with BN fry

so I have some bristlenose eggs that are just starting to hatch ! they are in a community tank with 7 harlequin rasboras , 9 neon tetras and 2 small blue rams . can I leave the eggs in the main tank with the dad ? or will they get eaten ?

If you have a spare tank then I'd be putting them in it.

If not then you can take a chance, try to provide as much cover as possible for the fry to hide.

Been there your in for a real treat catching all those little fellas without hurting them - my advice is net them in free water while they are in free water rather then when they land on the bottom I had to move about fifty out like this - I've heard you can siphon them out too - some will stick to the nest site if you can move it but lots will scatter and I'd guess your rams will be racing you to round them all up

You could but a second tank with plenty of algae would be ideal they will feed on it while there still absorbing there yolk and grow quicker - they seem pretty hardy i've even bagged them up to move them to a friends place to grow them out at just a couple of days old with no losses had them in a tank with my madagascar rainbows who where picking them off the second they left dad - if the nest is in a pot you can move dad with them

put airation stone in box,can water go from box to tank and tank to box via mesh?i use large icecream container with a rectangle hole (10cm x 6cm)cut out with ally flyscreen glued over it,tub is kept afloat by a piece of foam around edges of container,and about 6-8 days you should see some fry in container(out of the log)