Hi

I have found that the aqua one air pumps don't have a long life span. They are great at the beginning, but averagely last for about two months time. Have replaced a few in the past year, still the same problem. I use it for the sponge filters in my 90x25x25 and a standard 2 foot tank. Can anyone recommend me a better quality air pump at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Manho

Aquaone and Pondone seem to have dropped the ball on quality with their airpump range...

If you can afford it (approx $120?) I recommend Schego air pumps (only single outlet but splits easily, plenty powerfull enough for a couple of spongies) not sure if site sponsors stock them... Annerley used to... It's been ten years since I bought mine new and it's still powering on... I actually bought a secondhand 13 year old Schego off of Betta not to long ago as well... If that isn't a testament to quality I dont know what is :D

Edited by angry
i spell good :(

IM pretty sure pet city sells schego pumps..

The eheim ones are good too, mines not skipped a beat in about four years! And it's also near silent..

Sera pumps are very nice also, I've only had them for around a year... But again still kicking along.

Thanks for the advice. Did a bit of research about Schego air pump, everything about it is positive, except too expensive. Probs best to buy from oversea at a cheaper price. Schego Optimal should be good enough to support the 3 sponge filter in the two tanks.

Thanks

Manho