Piggy

Help with Saratoga

We recently bought a baby Saratoga Jardini. he was eating well, Hikari Foodsticks. We put him in a 6x2x2 with some other smaller fish and he was ok for the first week. However he has now stopped eating. He will grab a stick but then spits it out. I wondered if it was a little cool so put heaters in the tank a few days ago but he has not picked up. Water parametres all fine, he looks ok. Never had Saratoga before, could anyone give me any tips please. Many thanks.

What do you call "Fine"? more details will be required.

What have you added to the new tank other than the toga and what stock is with him currently? is the filter system on the 6x2x2 new as in not cycled? what temp is it? Problems in that tank before?

How big is he? have a close, close look as in belly, mouth, gills or fin wise. no apparent bloating or damage? How long has it been since he hasnt eaten? have you tried him on other foods depending on size, bloodworms, chopped or whole prawns (size depending ofc), "barra pellets" etc etc?

Im no expert on togas either, but these are things that will help people help you.

it has eated live food from ur tank , eg it would of eaten some yummy fish in ur tank and thus now doesnt want to eat food sticks, my 44cm toga does the same thing if i feed him some convicts ,or goldfish , for a day or so he then wont eat dry food for a couple days but then he smashes them ,

Thanks all. The tank is well established with good filtration, 2 FX5s. There are 2 firemouths, 2 parrots, 3 clown loaches, bristlenose and some chili barbs and some tiny green moss tiger barbs.. Temp is 26C. He and the moss barbs are the first fish to be added in many months although we removed a stack about a month prior to buying him. There is nothing obvious going on with him physically. No nitrates, amonia etc. Tank has been established over 12 months. There is nothing in there for him to eat. He is only tiny, maybe 8 cm. Was bright and healthy when we bought him and ate well but has now not eaten in around 4 days. Thank you.

Thank you all. I fed the others food sticks and caught some tiny platties out of our pond. When I returned he ate a food stick once it had softened but it seemed a great effort and he was arching his back a lot before eventually throwing it up again. Hopefully he will eat some platties but he does not seem to excited just yet. I really appreciate the advice, he is very cute and I would be sad to have him die

Thanks all, he/she is now happily munching on tiny organic floating pellets that my husband feeds to his aquaponic fish. He also has a handful of platty friends to keep him company at the top of the tank..... Seems much happier and I am wondering if it was the foodsticks were a struggle for him to eat due to their size.

Had the camera out so thought i would put up a photo of our "Sardini" :) He/she is happy and feeding really well now I am not sure what went wrong but all is now good in his world. Such a pretty fish, thanks to those that gave advice.

post-8007-14711628483928_thumb.jpg