my 5 foot is in refurbish...so these 2 were put in a 3 ft..several weeks ago..man...thats alot of fry...

.........they are very good parents tho'...good to watch..the fry started free swim late last nite

eating brine shrimp hatch this arvo..dunno wot I'm gunna do with this lot tho'...LOL..

...yes I do know the specific name of them...but is there actually a "super green texas"

as the song goes..."gotta keep em seperated"

.............and all you guys+girls like pics anyway............dave...........dots are good.........

gtexasfry1600x450.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gtexasfry2600x450.jpg

and is it past 4...it feels like it...

Nice Green Texas! So far as all 'Supers' go, be it Super Green Texans or Super Red Texans or Super Red Monkeys or whatever, it all really comes down to opinions. However tho basically all Green Texans in Australia are that of the Escondido variety, the variety most keepers would agree that the majority of specimens of said variety can be referred to as Super Green Texas, and so yeah I guess you do have SGTs, even if their coloration isn't he best (in the pics).

thanks , azedenkae....for reply ...I really like my big male...in the bigger tank with other fish it really stands out.........

..............the pics dont do any justice to a correct color....

...I know that they are easy 2 breed ect....but I've got the grandkids loooking at em thru this process of breeding...very good parents

..........the texas male would go thru the glass to get at em..the kids looking at him that is !!!...dave......

thanks , azedenkae....for reply ...I really like my big male...in the bigger tank with other fish it really stands out.........

..............the pics dont do any justice to a correct color....

...I know that they are easy 2 breed ect....but I've got the grandkids loooking at em thru this process of breeding...very good parents

..........the texas male would go thru the glass to get at em..the kids looking at him that is !!!...dave......

Mhm that's what I thought, I suck at photography as well, can never really capture my fish well. XD

What else is in the tank? Or just the Green Texans? :P

hey ozmo...thanks...I just like wot I like....and the little ones here [human] are getting a little bit of education on how things happen............[ where is the spell check hrer]

.............I think I will put a progressive post.........

..........dave...........

in the tank at the moment is.............@ 300 texans doing wot ever they wanna do...

...a male green texas.........a female green texas.........LOL

......doing wot comes nat...

but I've got 2 good cookoos in there as well....

...also a pr of 'albino suckers'................ freebees 2 who wants em!!!

severalal brislenoses

hey ozmo...thanks...I just like wot I like....and the little ones here [human] are getting a little bit of education on how things happen............[ where is the spell check hrer]

.............I think I will put a progressive post.........

..........dave...........

They are a great fish.

I have the exact same scenario playing out here at the moment with my Escondido pair. My three kids take pride in showing the neighbourhood kids 'the attack of the blue giant' (the male Escondido).

I'll grab some pics of my pair and their fry and post soon.

in the tank at the moment is.............@ 300 texans doing wot ever they wanna do...

...a male green texas.........a female green texas.........LOL

......doing wot comes nat...

but I've got 2 good cookoos in there as well....

...also a pr of 'albino suckers'................ freebees 2 who wants em!!!

severalal brislenoses

Hm... mine didn't really have color until they got ample hiding spaces and were rather settled into the tank (didn't happen till I got like 10 million tankmates for 'em). Actually I just realized, yours are in their breeding dresses, hence why their anterior half are paler than usual. :P Truly love Green Texans in breeding dresses, one of the most unique sort of breeding dresses for americans, really. :D

my 5 foot is in refurbish...so these 2 were put in a 3 ft..several weeks ago..man...thats alot of fry...

.........they are very good parents tho'...good to watch..the fry started free swim late last nite

eating brine shrimp hatch this arvo..dunno wot I'm gunna do with this lot tho'...LOL..

...yes I do know the specific name of them...but is there actually a "super green texas"

as the song goes..."gotta keep em seperated"

.............and all you guys+girls like pics anyway............dave...........dots are good.........

gtexasfry1600x450.jpg

gtexasfry2600x450.jpg

and is it past 4...it feels like it...

This only proves gassman has a better hand and eye than I do...lol.. I could not recognise the girl ;)

Hope you get some SGT too.

will be moving parents into the 5 footer in 2 weeks or so...its just about ready...waiting for another big log to go "off"

........meanwhile, the "friggen feed me berserk" is enjoying some space....LOL...+pics because we like it....thanks ............dave.............

p1010116600x450.jpg

p1010125600x450.jpg