This is a thread where people can show off their Ryukins and have them judged by others:confused:...everyone is entitled to an opinion and no one is wrong or right :eek:...

So show us your Ryukins :D

Examples:

Sryukin3.jpg

Sryukin2.jpg

Edited by goldenswimmers

These guys are just some examples but yep I have some pretty(very:))similar southfish(as you'd know andy..you sold me them :))...

and yeah unheated this will be a sticky so people can regularly come back to it with their ryukin pics and we can all have a squiz and give some feedback...good or bad...

enjoy the fishees.. :)

decent looking fish but is lacking the "hump" that makes a great ryukin(could up the feeding to give a deeper body too lachlan...and they say deeper water helps ryukin get more of the desired shape too ;))...this is also a common problem I think with a lot of the so called ryukin you can get in shops...they really are just a ryukin cull so closer to a fantail(and you can look amongst the fantails sometimes and spot baby ryukins ;))...but this guy youv'e got lachlan would be great for breeding(just cross with a fish with a really good hump)as you always get beautiful mixes when working off calico guys...and this is still a quality fish but wouldnt win the ryukin category...I'd be using him to breed off...as mentioned..cross with a nice humped member of the opposite sex and then cull hard on the babies..only accept a good ryukin shape ...dont forget you can influence the colouring by what you pr with this guy/gal....if you want more white in the calico pattern cross with a white ryukin or heavy white/part red fish...the coolest colour to add(also the hardest)is black(not too many black ryukins getting around ;))..more black in the calico and your going to get some very sexy fish...;)

Not the best pics but here are my two Short tail Tri-colour Ryukins. Just about every few weeks they are changing body shape and colour so it will be hard to see what they will really look like in the end.

IMG_2531_zpsab706176.jpg

IMG_2536_zpsd8b17b21.jpg

IMG_2540_zps61fdd674.jpg

IMG_2547_zps697c0eb0.jpg

Very nice colour genetics to work with....great for future breeding..but you would want to cross with a ryukin with a great hump...these guys seem to be lacking the true hump that makes a good ryukin...tails are nice and short so another part of the puzzle you can add...your lighter coloured guy has unique colouring and might produce "kirin" colours in offspring...sexy stuff :) the red and black aint bad either and on a really good ryukin only adds to the flavour :) :)...well thats me being judgemental :) :)

Edited by goldenswimmers

Heres the 2 short tailed ryukins I grabbed recently...they are both boys and hope to get some spawns using these guys in the near future...In an attempt to really create something unique I have already crossed them with my black oranda and had a spawn...if only a mothertruckin dragonfly larvae hadn't eaten about 98% of them :evil: I would be a very happy camper..reckon I still have about 20 little guys to work with so fingers crossed :)

heres the guys:

1st fish(not as good me thinks but the genetics are there for breeding and is still a decent little ryukin)

SAM_8951_zps1dc7056b.jpg

SAM_8947_zps2d57a937.jpg

SAM_8955_zps57028f21.jpg

and heres the 2nd fish(reckon this one is very nice :))

SAM_8976_zps3c7a3fbb.jpg

SAM_8970_zps20018778.jpg

SAM_8967_zpsabb1b693.jpg

Thanks!

Yours is the body shape i was really looking for but this is pretty much the best i could find. I can see now the hump you are talking about. The search continues!

Ok guys, this is the first goldfish ive ever bought so go easy on me haha. I think his body is a bit "long" but the other fish who had a nicer body its top fin wasnt straight. usu9ezyj.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk