gingerbeer

Rare and Quality Fish Project: Gymnogeophagus balzanii

Well ill head down and leave my name and number, if he can get them im happy to ship them ( after i take out a couple for myself :) )

MrCavs, good on ya. there are a number of keen folks here. Sound like nice guys and may have some other treasures in store.

I had a breeding pair about 4 years ago but the female just dropped dead in front of us one day.

We presume it was a heart attack as it was instant.

I sold the male to someone here in Logan.

They need 3-4 moths a year of real cold water or they die off and I think that is what has caused the decline in their numbers.

I had a breeding pair about 4 years ago but the female just dropped dead in front of us one day.

We presume it was a heart attack as it was instant.

I sold the male to someone here in Logan.

They need 3-4 moths a year of real cold water or they die off and I think that is what has caused the decline in their numbers.

What about keeping them outdoors?

Because I've heard a lot of people have had them just drop off.

I jumped on the blower, the website is under construction, but they did have 4 in a month ago.

He is chasing more next month and does not ship generally. Not certain he will get them yet.

Nice find.....

If only I knew about this a month ago.

Hello everyone,

I am situated in melbourne,an EDAS member and I go to the edas and Cichlid Society auctions religiously;I would be willing to buy and ship these fish to anyone who can help me find the fish of my dreams(of which there are many),starting with Nannacara Adoketa.'Don't know when or if they will come up but I shall keeep my eyes peeled.

Hello everyone,

I am situated in melbourne,an EDAS member and I go to the edas and Cichlid Society auctions religiously;I would be willing to buy and ship these fish to anyone who can help me find the fish of my dreams(of which there are many),starting with Nannacara Adoketa.'Don't know when or if they will come up but I shall keeep my eyes peeled.

I take it by you handle that you perhaps keep Sajica and related species, am I right ?

At the moment I am keeping and breeding Hemichromis Llfalili(Blood Red Jewel cichlids),Thoricthys Ellioti,A.Baenschi.......all with fry now.I have a 600L tank with a dozen C.Sajica that are looking very flirty as well as a pair of Robertsoni that are threatening to breed.My Platinum Acaras are also looking like breeding soon.

At the moment I am keeping and breeding Hemichromis Llfalili(Blood Red Jewel cichlids),Thoricthys Ellioti,A.Baenschi.......all with fry now.I have a 600L tank with a dozen C.Sajica that are looking very flirty as well as a pair of Robertsoni that are threatening to breed.My Platinum Acaras are also looking like breeding soon.

Interested in trading some Sajica Bloodstock ?

When I get a couple of pairs,I will definitely part with a few.I have been waiting a while for them to come up at auction and they're just pairing off now.Some are runt-ish(4-5cms),fully coloured and not looking like getting any bigger but still fine.'Got them from Ozzie,down here.Could be a while before I part with any.Will let you be the first to know.

When I get a couple of pairs,I will definitely part with a few.I have been waiting a while for them to come up at auction and they're just pairing off now.Some are runt-ish(4-5cms),fully coloured and not looking like getting any bigger but still fine.'Got them from Ozzie,down here.Could be a while before I part with any.Will let you be the first to know.

Cool, we shall keep in touch.

Thanks,

P

Do you know if Ozzie has anymore ? How do I get in touch with him ?

Unfortunately the only times that I see Ozzie are at the auctions.The next one is about the third week in october(you can check the edas website for exact date).I will contact the edas president and see if Oz' will be willing to give out contact info.Don't know if he ships though.The Sajica have been fetching him good $ at the auctions with myself and someone else bidding ferociously against each other($45 for first 4 and $55 for second 4 w me being outbid in prev' auction at $110 for 4!) so maybe he will hold on to them till then?If he's giving out his info,you'll get it asap,otherwise I will get some in oct for you if they're up again.

Well ill head down and leave my name and number, if he can get them im happy to ship them ( after i take out a couple for myself :) )

[MENTION=8579]MrCavs[/MENTION] - how did you get on with HiFin? Any news on the balzanii front....

Unfortunately the only times that I see Ozzie are at the auctions.The next one is about the third week in october(you can check the edas website for exact date).I will contact the edas president and see if Oz' will be willing to give out contact info.Don't know if he ships though.The Sajica have been fetching him good $ at the auctions with myself and someone else bidding ferociously against each other($45 for first 4 and $55 for second 4 w me being outbid in prev' auction at $110 for 4!) so maybe he will hold on to them till then?If he's giving out his info,you'll get it asap,otherwise I will get some in oct for you if they're up again.

Just spoke to Oz and he has a lot!!! They are $12.50 ea at 3cms,though he doesn't ship.Can you send me a personal message w a contact no as I'm 60 ks from the airport and nutting the details out of getting them to you is better done directly.I've never shipped interstate before,so this is a learning experience for me.

[MENTION=8579]MrCavs[/MENTION] - how did you get on with HiFin? Any news on the balzanii front....

He hasn't rung and i haven't had 2 seconds to head down, did pop in a couple of weeks ago but the big boss wasn't there and the young bloke wasn't sure.

while your there ask about jurapari, definately another that would be worth the effort to get happening.

I called them up a few days ago, told me the breeder lost his pair and he has no more leads. So unless the people who bought the first batch breed them, we won't see any balzaniis for a while.

I dont want to give false hope here that balzani will be available any time soon, but there is a colony in the country, owned by a pretty well known breeder who does not want to be named at this stage, despite my badgering. There may be some available early/ mid next year.

Waiting on a call.

victoria might just have a few little fishees "sleeping" down there that people arent aware of....l.elongatus,williamsi makonde blue lips,afra lions cove are all fish I have found down in Vic or southern NSW from guys with little or no forum access....balzani too? hope so