gingerbeer

Rare and Quality Fish Project: Cynotilapia zebroides "chewere"

Welcome guys. We had 5 members indicate that they desired to work with this fish so here is your section to discuss your work. The success of this project is in their hands.

This fish is commonly known as Cynotilapia afra (chewere), however I am told the above name is correct and beleive we should try and use the correct name. (Thanks matt). I suspect the challenge will be seeking fish knowing Tutters has been seeking this one for a while.

If the members could all introduce themselves and there involvement with the fish as a starting point. Any other members are free to join, and ofcourse members are free to leave at any time.

Steve

post-231-14711628404284_thumb.jpg

post-231-14711628404096_thumb.jpg

Edited by gingerbeer

The challenge in regards to these guys will be finding stock to start with. I have my ear to the ground but am coming up short, which generally means they will be a very hard fish to find!

As soon as i settle into my new place I will buy another tank purely to assist in this ventue, I have been fishless for over 18months now OMG after 1000000 years of keeping fish far out.

Little excited to get back into it, not sure what species, I will send a few messages to mates in perth, sydney and melbourne, once i establish what i want.

:)

Had these in sydney, bought from guy in sydney I think Dobbins. He no longer has them.

Gave Tutters the info, and she has searched Sydney pretty well. Has anyone tried Perth? They are very different over there.