As per title..8 be 2 be 2, one rtgg will be the star attraction. I'll sump it. But I need more..yknow..stuff. What Im looking for is as close to their native environment as possible so

Substrate?

Plants?

Tankmates?

There will be no datnoids or arowana happening, due to having killed one of each back in the day and never wanting to go near another, plz.

Do you already have the tank.

If not I would go 8 x 2.5 x 2.5.

Or at least 2.5 wide.

My big pink is in a 6 x 2 x 2 and In my eyes it has out grown it.

So do the fish a favour now and go the extra width if you can.

As for tank mates keep what you like looking at.

personally i think its just the small things

chuck in some fake terrerium plants, the kind that 'hang' they will look good, have a 4 foot light to give a subdued look some driftwood, and wollah...

or were you thinking more stocking wise?

They get bigger than 40. I'd say they get to around 50cm.

A little bit of extra cost now could save you alot of dollars down the track.

But up to you.

Totaly agree ^ I own 11 GG 6 rtgg 3 pink and 2 grey, rtgg will max out at 50cm+ the biggest one I had went 53cm 2 foot wide tank is far to small for any GG if its to small they will smash lids and start to go a bit stir crazy they can and will kill everything in the tank wth them! belive me Iv seen it! why do people think with these stunning fish "she'll be rite" "will upgrade later" the amount of times if heard that is crazy! if u havent got a tank big enough now or cant afford it now please people just dont buy one till u can get one! this is not a dig at op at all just my opinion from a GG keeper who is very keen not to see them miss-treated

did you make a decision?

We have a pink gg at 70cm, and we are in an 8x2.5x2.5.

Tankmates - 25 clown loaches, 5 yoyo loaches, 4 pleco's of varying kinds, 15 bala sharks. A jar toga.

We also have a 4' standard tank as a refugium, and a 3x2x2 sump, 1' cube trickle filter. Refugium is stocked with breeding guppies and crystal red shrimp (feeders) and a few breeding L's.